Sunday 17 January 2010

2010

The small group at Crabtree Wharf is still very much active, and extremely vocal. I can sometimes hear them all the way from Rannoch Road when I approach that way.
This is their bush, covered with snow on Wednesday 13 January at about 8 am (the day had only just started and it was still rather dark).

Sparrows' bush in the snow

For once, some of them emerged at the top:
Sparrow  in the snow
Sparrow  in the snow
Sparrow  in the snow

Some of them went on to the London Plane above and started eating the seeds.

I have started creating a map with all the locations. It's not quite finished yet, and there are a lot of places I have yet to check. It is easier to use if you click on the link below. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Had my first Sparrows of the year at Tower Bridge last week, all male and mostly down on the lawn by the main entrance.

    One had a feather in his mouth which fell out and blew away when he perched and started calling. Tourists wandering round must have thought I was the local madman laughing at some bird on a tree. Was good though :-)

    ReplyDelete